Saturday 2 August 2008

Going Global?

While still in the process of getting the front cover finalised with lulu.com (we're both currently investigating why the new revised cover isn't printing, and reverting to the old. They say it's my fault, effectively. I say it's not. I don't really care who's at fault, I just want things fixed so I can go ahead and finish the distribution), in the meantime, I'm pressing ahead with publicity...

Currently working on a teaser video trailer for purposes of uploading to youtube, a site I've only glanced at since signing up to Broadband and which I'm amazed hasn't yet been sued out of existence for copyright infringement. However, the idea of authors posting promo videos for their books is one I've seen reported on several websites lately, and the whole notion immediately grabbed me. As I spent 2 years training in video editing and production at the end of the '90s, it's always good to keep old skills sharp - even if only through Windows Movie Maker. I expect to have the video online before the end of the weekend, as soon as I've composed a suitable soundtrack to go with it. While my initial thought was to rip off a recording of Verdi's Dies Irae and join the copyright infringement crowd, I didn't see the point in giving anyone a chance to throw bricks at me. This started out as a 100% self-made project, and it'll continue that way...

The big surprise of the day was when I checked on amazon, on a whim, and found the book right there, for sale. In a strange sidenote, the editorial review on the US (.com) site is a bizarre blurb for some paranormal guidebook, which I'll be ripping down and replacing with an accurate review as soon as I finish this post!

No comments:

Underground British Metal for Discerning Listeners

Underground British Metal for Discerning Listeners
Because Chaz is a fan of these guys and their music. Help support the British metal music scene!

No Ads Here!

Fenriswulf-Books.co.uk is an advert-free site. All promotional links on this page are personally added by Fenriswulf Books to individuals, groups and resources that support us, whom we wish to support, or that we believe will be of interest to browsers of this site.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

ixquick Metasearch: Protect Your Privacy

Ixquick Privacy

Last Word

All content is (c) Fenriswulf Books 2008-2015 c.e. Pages maintained by Chaz Wood, Fenris' adopted keeper (in the absence of Loki).